Travis is the CEO, President, and Owner of Qal-Tek. He has been with the company since 1999, shortly after it was founded by his father. Travis bought the company outright in March of 2015. He has a Bachelors Degree in Business and was honored by the Greater Idaho Falls Chamber of Commerce for his accomplishments in 2016. He makes it clear to everyone when describing his beautiful wife that he married way up, as well as how very proud he is of his three children who keep he and his wife plenty busy. Travis enjoys hunting, water sports, golfing, and doing things together as a family.
Travis joined the company as a calibration technician and learned the business from the ground up. His father Dale, who founded the company, did not bring him in at the top, as most automatically presume. To anyone who gets to know Travis, it’s clear he knows the business inside out which came as a result of having to learn and earn his way to the top step-by-step. By 2005, Travis was running Sales, and in 2009 he took over all Sales and Operations. So by the time Travis bought the company in 2015, he had already been running the company for about 6 years.
Travis’ rise to his current position is not only a credit to his hard work ethic and intelligence, but also his entrepreneurial spirit. He has an incredible knack of finding new and innovative solutions to problems. His quick intellect and ability to think outside of the proverbial box, has helped the company to bring about innovative and even revolutionary changes to more than one industry. The companies reputation for quick action, high moral ethics, innovation, and industry leadership largely comes from Travis’ fertile mind that seems to never quit.
Despite being a small business, under Travis’ leadership, Qal-Tek:
- Won a large 10 year contract with FDNY managing the calibration and repair of most of their RAD instrumentation plus overseeing most of their CBRNe fleet of equipment
- Won the military contract to design and produce the next generation of radiation detection instrumentation
- Became the first to receive A2LA accreditation for calibration of nuclear density gauges both at fixed locations and then again in mobile labs
- Developed mEyeCal software to track instrument calibrations, locations, repairs, and offer subscriptions so others could manage their own fleet of instruments better
- Designed and patented radiation projectors used for live radiation training programs for first responders
- Founded and became President of WBJ in 2011 , a company that designs and produces radiation detection instrumentation
- Developed a Source Recovery Program (SRP) that delivers a more cost-efficient way to dispose sealed radioactive sources while also enabling re-utilization of those that still have beneficial use
Under Travis’ leadership, the company has had a positive impact in the industries it serves, has grown steadily, and shows nothing but great promise for a more prosperous and adventurous future.